It’s January and that means there is approximately like, two months until bikini season is upon us. Unless you live in Los Angeles, and in that case, you’re in a bikini all the time… Oh, wait. Just me?
Anyways, it’s never too late to clean up your diet and start takin’ care of yourself and after quite a few requests, I am here to share exactly what I eat and break it all down for y’all.
And I’m going to be really honest.
I’m not going to lie and say that I eat clean all the time and never eat doughnuts (just had two before this, oops). And I definitely am not going to say that I never eat out and don’t drink alcohol.
I love wine. A lot.
Here is just an idea of what I eat in a normal day and some good ideas of what to buy at the grocery store.
It’s also important to note that I (for the most part) track what I eat in an app called MyFitnessPal. I find it super helpful to know exactly how much protein, fat, and carbs I am putting in my body! I try not to be too strict with it, especially on the weekends, but it’s super helpful if you’re wanting to drop some extra pounds. You can even go to IIFYM.com to figure out exactly how many macros you should be eating for your body type/workout regimen.
OH AND P.S. I DO NOT COOK. I LOVE THE MICROWAVE. AND I REFUSE TO BE DOMESTIC UNTIL I GET WIFED UP.
So, this may be the best blog post ever for you. Or you may completely judge me. Cool, let’s go!
Here’s a nice little breakdown of the staple things on my grocery list for every meal:
- Plain Greek Yogurt (low in sugar and carbs & super high in protein!)
- PB2 (AKA powdered peanut butter. I like to put a scoop in my parfait. I find it to taste JUST LIKE real peanut butter… but I am also crazy).
- Granola (I weigh out how much, it’s super easy to dump a ton in yogurt and not realize that’s 300 calories!)
- Fresh Fruit
- Whole Grain Toast (Loveeeee Dave’s Killer Bread)
- Egg Whites + Spinach
- Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
- Toast with turkey, cheese + tomato
- Fresh fruit
- Unsalted almonds
- Zucchini noodles + ground turkey + marinara sauce (it’s like pasta but less desirable!)
- Sauteed veggies (my favorites are peppers, zucchini, and squash)
- Grilled chicken or steak (I actually do not use a microwave for this HA!)
- Sauteed veggies (usually asparagus or broccoli)
- Sweet Potatoes (put butter + cinnamon in ’em and wow)
- TRADER JOE’S CAULIFLOWER GNOCCHI. (I am obsessed with this stuff and probably eat it every night. It’s such a good substitute for pasta AND you can make it in the microwave)
- Lettuce Wraps w/ ground turkey, black beans, corn (ya know… Chipotle type things)
- ThinkThin Protein Bars (I seriously eat one of these every. single. day. #sponsorme)
- Rice cakes + avocado // peanut butter & banana
- Reduced fat Wheat Thins (THE ultimate cracker. Don’t @ me)
- Enlightened Ice Cream + sugar-free cool whip- You. Must. Go. Buy. They sell it at select stores but it’s so good and the whole pint is under 400 calories. AKA I eat a whole pint in one sitting.
- Skinnygirl Popcorn
- Pickles (I’m gross but I literally love pickles more than a lot of things. get your mind out of the gutter, too)
- Cheesesticks (I’m still in 5th grade apparently)
- Kombuchaaaaaa (not a snack, just obsessed)
Let’s be real- I don’t always follow this. It’s something I TRY to stick to, but if someone asks me to meet them for dinner and I happen to inhale a couple of tacos… hey, I’d rather enjoy my life than be on a constant diet.
Also… yes, I know it’s boring but it works for me, ya haters.
And in case you were wondering… red wine is *apparently* good for you according to some article I discovered on Google. So I make sure to incorporate a couple of glasses into my diet. WHO DOESN’T WANT GOOD HEART HEALTH?!?!?
Stay tuned for more diet and fitness content. I’ll make sure to add in some of my fav workouts in case you decide to enjoy brunch this weekend like I am. 😉