Hello world. Alex here.
I was seconds away from writing a blog post outlining my top 5 strategies for winning Settlers of Catan but Morgan told me that nobody would care and to quit being embarrassing.
SO HERE I AM. CHANGING MY TOPIC ON THE FLY.
I’m going to let Morgan handle talking about the super girly-pop things such as makeup tutorials and hair stuff and I’m going to make an effort to blog about all the weird adventures we stumble upon. Think of it like I’m turning this blog into a memory bank or a Pensieve. (Any Harry Potter fans here?)
Speaking of adventures, recently we both flew to New York City for the premiere party for a pretty well-known show. If you’re visiting this blog, there is a 99% chance you’ve heard of it and if you’re in the 1% who hasn’t, you should probably watch because it’s one of the most addicting shows on the planet. Disclaimer though- it will consume you so prepare yourself. The live feeds will suck away your soul. (Dementor style).
I’m referring to Big Brother. Recently a couple of us made our way down to the Big Apple to gather in an AirBnb and to go to the premiere of Big Brother 20 together. I’ll go ahead and list everyone who went as those reading this blog may or may not know them.
Our NYC “squaaaaaad” for the weekend was Morgan and I, Monte Massongill (BBOTT/Bro/Squirrel Chaser), Michelle Meyer (BB18/Mother of Lil Meech), Britney Buonpane (Sequester/Future BB Supastaaaaaar), Cameron Heard (Robbed BB19 Legend), Keith Henderson (BB13 Firstboot) and Ramses Soto (Cursed BB19 Legend).
We had two people who were there in spirit as well! Shane Chapman (BBOTT/The Bro Who Now Sees the Light) had his flight cancelled by bad weather the night he was supposed to fly in. Sidenote- Monte cried tears of sadness at the thought of his second half not being in the same vicinity as him for the weekend. Also, we accidentally added a second Cameron to our giant group-chat and drunk texted him the whole weekend. (See attached). We have no idea who he is but he was such a good sport! Cameron, if you read this, you rock for putting up with us.
I ended up flying to NYC after work on Tuesday evening. Everyone else got there way before me so I can’t blog about that day but I DO KNOW that there was a healthy amount of liquor flowing by the time I rolled up around 1am. The whole way there, I thought I was supposed to be meeting everyone at the AirBnb but little did I know that they had other plans. Everyone was at a bar in Hell’s Kitchen already and told me to show up there. With my luggage. In my sweatpants. With no makeup. They had the key to the apartment so I was left with no choice. (Also, Morgan and I got into a giant fight around this time so Morgan, I apologize a month later through this blog. <3) I’m not one to miss out on group tequila shots, (my college friends will attest), so I quickly ran into the airport bathroom, changed in the stall, slapped makeup on my face in under 5 seconds or less, threw on some false lashes to make it look like I tried that were half hanging off the entire night, and sprinted to the Lyft.
*Insert me making my grand appearance to a fancy nightclub in New York City with airport hair and 2 things of luggage being rolled behind me. One of my finest moments in life.*
It ended up being a grand ol time, complete with some appearances by our favorite Big Brother turned MTV stars. I’ll skip the details on this night as it’s not *blog appropriate* but know that it involved me checking my luggage in a sketchy bar, a bloody foot, vodka being thrown from a balcony, greasy pizza at 4 am that we walked a mile barefoot to find and all of us making the trek home around 5 am WHEN THE SUN WAS COMING UP. New York City is truly the city that never sleeps. 😉
The following morning, when we all woke up in the AirBnb, Monte and Keith went to go work out like the psychos they are, (love you), and we all just chilled until it was time for BRUNCH. Actually, Meech and I walked to CVS to purchase Pedialyte so that we could start our day pregaming with that but that’s a whole other story. Brunch was great. Eggs Benedict. Mimosas. Monte obsessing over Angela from BB20. The usual. When we made it back to the Airbnb, then began the shitshow of 8 people trying to get ready for an event in a smallish NYC apartment. I’m sure you can imagine how long that took…
(Speaking of the NYC AirBnb, it was so great. It had a bathroom, bedroom, and a giant couch upstairs and 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a patio downstairs. I’m 99.9999% sure we pissed off our AirBnb host however because we kept calling her asking her how to work Netflix. PRIORITIES, LADY. I think she eventually hung up on Keith or something. Whatever, 5 stars for the apartment still). Being all together in that house was super reminicist of being trapped in the BB house with a bunch of crazy people. All 8 of us have pretty big personalities together and it was major deja vu running around screaming at each other, trying to shower, and basically just surviving together for the 3 days we were there. Good times, good times.)
When 4pm rolled up, it was time to go to the BB20 premiere party! I would like to note that the guys all left to go to the party on time and were super huffy that the girls were taking so long to get ready. I truly think they underestimated how long extensions take to curl. IT IS A PROCESS. Monte and Keith, I pray that you both end up having all girl triplets. The most important thing was that Instagram photos were taken and all was well with the world. /s
The party was a blur, to be honest! There were a ton of Big Brother and Survivor people there. The most important thing to note was that the only tequila they had there was Jalapeno tequila and I’m pretty sure my taste buds were sizzled off and haven’t grown back yet. ALSO, there was a cardboard cutout of Julie Chen there and that cardboard cutout was prettier than everyone at the party, (see below). The first episode was airing but I’m pretty sure no one actually watched because everyone was too busy running around, taking pictures and being social…so yea. It was watched a week later, on my laptop, eating a pint of Halo Top.
Being there had such a great atmosphere! Shoutout to Adam Poch for throwing it. Anyone who knows me knows that I could care less about fame or followers, (uhhhh hence OTT), and that my favorite thing about being in this community is the people you meet and the friendships you form. *If you’re reading this, insert a virtual hug here.* It was so neat seeing old friends and meeting new friends and I love you all bye.
The night ended with boarding a party bus that never ended. Not in a bad way, just know that it literally. never. ended. Imagine boarding an unknown vehicle with unlimited alcohol and blaring music and it driving around the city for hours upon hours. It was around 2 am that we realized we had been driving in a circle and we all quickly jumped off and ran to find…PIZZA! Hell yea, the priorities just never end.
Know that the following day was filled with wholesome things such as forcing people to eat at an all pink restaurant against their will and hiking 10 miles through Central Park until being caught in a downpour and taking refuge in an underground Thai restaurant. (I can’t write stuff like this living in Texas).
IT WAS FUN. I LOVE NEW YORK. I COULDN’T LIVE IN NEW YORK BECAUSE CALIFORNIA HAS MY HEART BUT IF FLOO POWDER EXISTED, I’D GO ONCE A MONTH.
TLDR; New York was fun, all the slightly cracked personalities together again was fun and it’s been years and I’m still irritated Harry Potter doesn’t exist.